401(k) Retirement Plans
Save automatically for a secure retirement.
A 401(k) plan is the most common employer-sponsored retirement plan, helping millions save toward their retirement.
This plan features:
- Automatic payroll deductions to make saving effortless
- Reduced tax liability, since certain contributions lower your taxable income
- Matched contributions from some employers, up to a certain percent (check with your benefits administrator)
- Long-term savings growth opportunity across a variety of investment options
Enroll online today
Already enrolled in a 401(k) with Principal?
You may want to consider increasing your contributions—even a small increase today could grow into a much larger difference by retirement.
Understand the cost of a 401(k) loan.
Thinking about taking a loan from your retirement savings to cover other expenses? The key word is caution: find out about the provisions, terms, and fees first. And keep in mind that taking out a 401(k) loan usually means you’ll lose money in the long run.
- You’ll miss out on potential growth and compounding of your earnings (which could be a lot more than you think).
- You’ll pay taxes on the money you use to repay your loan.
- You may owe initial set-up and quarterly loan fees.
- Loan interest rates could cost you even more.
Log into your account for more details about 401(k) loans, and be sure to talk to an advisor before you make a decision.