· Join us our 1st book discussion event. The first book voted on is The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business, by Charles Duhigg. Link with a quick summary: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12609433-the-power-of-habit
· You can request reimbursement by submitting a check request form to Jaye Ward. Please select best price available when purchasing your paperback book, electronic download or book on tape.
· Mark DeMatteo will be the Facilitator for this book. Reflect on the discussion questions which may be asked: http://www.litlovers.com/reading-guides/14-non-fiction/8779-power-of-habit-duhigg?start=3
Joining others in a reading group not only provides impetus for keeping up with the latest business books, but even more important, being part of a reading group can stimulate your own thinking, providing the opportunity for greater insight on how new ideas or theories might be put to practical use in your own development, role and in our organization.
In our 1st meeting we agreed on:
- Frequency of meetings – monthly
- Day of week/time of day – on Tuesdays at 2:00 p.m.
- Food – bag lunch or potluck: No food provided, but you can surprise us if you want
- Members’ Responsibilities: fun, apply what you’ve read to self, professional (did I mention fun?)
- Facilitator Role: The person who submits the book suggestion also agrees to lead the discussion.
- Ground Rules: No cell phones. This is our time. Our time to discuss, learn, relax and grow.
- How books will be chosen? All will be invited to submit a book and then those submitted will be voted on.
- Next Meeting will be confirmed